Tuesday, October 16, 2007

My school - Mayo College Girls' School



If there is something I would give my hands and legs for...It has to be going back to school! The teachers, friends, food, games, curriculum, academics...defines perfection! Mayo is the best gift my parents could have given to me. I spent 8 years of my life there. Started as a little girl with very poor hindi, went on to become the house prefect, house vice-captain and then the Captain. My poor hindi skills were honed and by class 12, I was heading the Hindi Debating Society. I was an average singer and yes Mayo recognized me and shaped me well enough to win 2nd position at the National Classical singing competition. Mayo made me work hard and if I did manage a 90% up in class 12, it is because the teachers made me believe I could do it and wouldn't settle for anything less than that. And you know what...its been 8 years that I left Mayo and the bar just keeps rising! Thank you Mayo for everything! I owe it all to them...now even my husband! ;)

No comments: